This 4-week Volunteer and Adventure Combo has it all; wildlife, culture, community and adventure.
From the Okavango Delta in Botswana where you’ll come up close and personal to some of Africa’s most incredible wildlife, to the game rich Chobe National Park near Victoria Falls via a rewarding community project in Maun where you’ll help to care for some of Botswana’s most underprivileged children, here is your chance to experience Africa at its finest and to give something back along the way. Situated at the gateway to the Okavango Delta, Maun is the historically small and somewhat isolated village where you’ll spend 2 weeks providing much needed assistance, education and support to a number of vulnerable children in need. Either side of your volunteer project will be some incredible safaris as well as the chance to spend some time relaxing in Livingstone, near Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.
• Duration: 4 weeks
• Cost: £2075/$3631, 2015 price
£2020 / $3535
• Requirements: Age 16+
• Location: Okavango Delta & Maun,
Botswana; and Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
• Tour Activities: Safari in Moremi Game Reserve, explore Savuti and Chobe in search of the Big 5, camp under the stars, visit Victoria Falls
• Working hours during volunteer project: 08:30 - 15:00, Monday - Friday
• Volunteer Activities: Hands on teaching, organising activities, caring for the children, assessing needs, developing the centre and more
• Project Availability: Please speak to a Kaya placements advisor
• Arrival day: 1st Monday of the month
• Accommodation: Camping in Okavango, Host Family in Maun, Dorm Lodges in Victoria Falls
• Food: 3 Meals a day (except your time in Victoria Falls)
• Airport pick up and drop off from Maun Airport, Botswana
• Training: Pre-departure information pack, on-site orientation and project induction provided
• Tour guides for your tours
• Support: On-site volunteer coordinator providing 24h support
• Activities: 5 day camping safari in Moremi Game Reserve, camping safari in Chobe National Park, 7 day tour in Victoria Falls
• Meals during your time in Victoria Falls
• Transfers to and from your volunteering project. This will cost approximately 30 pula (£2.50) per day.
• Any excursions over and above your itinerary
• Police/Government Background Check; US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies) all other nationalities must provide local police check.
This 6-week Volunteer and Adventure Combo ...
£ 2495 ($4366) for 6 weeks