Experience India and Volunteering
Our Experience India Tour encompasses charm, culture and care over 2 or 4 wonderful weeks where you will be able to see the sights, learn about the real India and get a taste of volunteering. The tour involves many different exciting experiences and depending on the duration of your tour it will include: a visit to a number of famous Indian landmarks, including the Taj Mahal; a chance to learn Bollywood dancing, yoga, Indian Cooking and Henna painting; a camel safari in the desert; trekking in the Himalayas; and visiting the cultural sights of Goa!
Part 1 of the tour
Day 1 – (Friday) Arrive into Delhi airport. Transfer to hotel and overnight in Delhi (no meals).
Day 2 – Jaipur. Drive to Jaipur. Attend a small orientation and briefing about your tour. Check in to the Camp in Jaipur.
Day 3 - Spend some time shopping in the local Bazaars and choose a set of activities from learning Bollywood dancing, leaning about typical and traditional styles of Indian dress, learn the Indian art of Henna making (no meals).
Day 4 – Jaipur. Visit Amber Fort, take a rickshaw ride through the busy markets and experience the real ‘Pink City’ (no meals). There will be free time for shopping or exploring.
Day 5 – Jaipur to Pushkar. Your journey will take you 150kms over 4 hours. Upon arrival in Pushkar, you will go on a camel safari in the desert and camp overnight (breakfast and dinner).
Day 6 – Pushkar to Jaipur. You will have a guided tour of Pushkar after breakfast and visit Holy Lake and Lord Brahma’s temple. Later, you will transfer to Jaipur. (breakfast & dinner).
Day 7 to 11 – Jaipur. You will be volunteering in Jaipur, getting the opportunity to work with communities and experience authentic Indian culture (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Day 12 – Jaipur to Agra. You will be travelling 260kms over 6 hours, taking in many sights along the way. Upon arrival, you will visit one of the world’s most iconic structures - The Taj Mahal (breakfast).
Day 13 – Agra to Delhi. You will transfer to Delhi. Upon arrival, you are free to relax or arrange your own activities (breakfast and dinner). In the evening those of you on the 28 day tour will catch the overnight train to Himachal. The rest of you will stay in Delhi returning home the next day.
Part 2 of the tour
Day 14 – Palampur. Transfer to the camp at Palampur and receive orientation into the next phase of your tour. (Breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Day 15 –McLeod Gang Visit the beautiful waterfall and visit Bagsunath Temple (Hindu) and Dalai Lama Temple. Her learn about Tibetan culture. (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Day 16 – McLeod Gang. Spend the day trekking taking in the beautiful scenery and stay overnight in tents (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 17 – McLeod Gang. After a morning trek head back to Palampur. (breakfast, lunch & dinner).
Day 18 – Palampur. You will have yoga lesson in the morning. In the evening, you will visit a tea factory and a ,museum (breakfast and dinner).
Day 19 – Kangra. Start the day with a yoga class followed by a visit to Kangra, an amazing mountain top fort. Travel by train along a narrow pass to Shimla (breakfast & dinner).
Day 20 - Palampur to Delhi After your early morning meditation and yoga spend the morning exploring. In the afternoon you will head to Delhi on the train. (breakfast and lunch)
Day 21 – Delhi`Once you arrive in Delhi freshen up and head out to explore India Gate, the Presidents Palace and other sites (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Day 22 – Delhi to Goa. After breakfast, you will fly from Delhi to Goa. (dinner).
Day 23 to Day 27 – Goa. Spend time volunteering in the local communities with your weekend free to relax on the beach (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Day 28 – Thursday departure for your flight from Goa Airport (breakfast).
Why choose this project?
Gaining experience of the different elements of life in India and some of the most important cultural elements really helps to put things into perspective when participating in the volunteering elements of your trip. The volunteering activities work with children from low income communities such as the slums of Jaipur, and your participation helps bring more English into the classrooms and assists local workers with their duties. The community members that you volunteer with, really benefit from practicing with native speakers and learning the games, songs and activities that you share with them.
• Duration: 2 or 4 weeks
• Cost: £1035 / $1811 for 2 weeks, £1295 / $2266 for 3 weeks, £1525 / $2669 for 4 weeks
• Requirements: age 16+
• Location: Jaipur, Pushkar, Agra (Taj Mahal), Delhi,McLeod Gang, Palampur, Goa.
• Tour activities: Visiting local landmarks, Bollywood dancing, Indian cooking, camel safari, trek, tea factory visit, sightseeing trip of Goa, yoga class, volunteer project (depending on 2 or 4 week tour)
• Project Availability: Throughout the year
• Arrival day: Friday
What is included
• Accommodation: Hotels, guesthouses, volunteer camps (same gender, up to 4 per room)
• Food: Meals as indicated on the itinerary
• Airport pick up from Delhi Airport and drop off at Goa Airport (28 Day Tour), drop off at Delhi airport (14 day tour)
• Training: Pre-departure information pack and onsite orientation provided
• Support: 24-hour support
• All transport and activities outlined in the itinerary above
• English-speaking guide
• Bollywood dancing class or Indian dressing workshop or Henna painting workshop, camel safari
What is not included
• Flights to India and the connecting flight to Goa during the tour
• Entrance to historical monuments such as the Taj Mahal
• Police/Government Background Check; US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies) all other nationalities must provide local police check.