Established in 1989, Kaya’s Learn Spanish Program in Costa Rica offers a unique Spanish immersion language course that enable students to learn the language and at the same time experience Costa Rican culture. While Spanish instruction is the focal point of all academic classes, you will have the chance to engage with Latin dance classes as well as cooking classes to practice and improve your speaking, dancing and cooking skills outside of the classroom.
You can study abroad in Costa Rica and experience a new classroom methodology, constructed so students can communicate, comprehend and use accurate pronunciation in Spanish quickly. The instructors pay special attention to individual language needs which emphasises active student participation. Your classes will be intense, yet enjoyable, challenging and most of all – fun!
There are ten levels of instruction which are currently on offer to students: Beginner I, II & III; Intermediate I, II & III; Advanced I, II, & III, as well as specialised Spanish courses for medical, legal or business professionals, Spanish teachers, etc. Students will be placed in the appropriate level, according to your proficiency as determined by a written test and an oral evaluation.
All of our classes are offered in small groups, with an average of 3 or 4 and a maximum of 6 to a class.
Key Course Features
• Cost: £645 ($1129) for 1 week, £245 ($429) for every extra week
• Full orientation and support throughout your Spanish studies in Costa Rica
• 40 classrooms with 2 classrooms for Latin dance classes and a kitchen for cooking lessons
• Small classes with an average of only 3-6 students
• Costa Rican owned so students will have an authentic and true experience
• Excellent native Spanish teachers each with a degree in linguistics, literature or education and each have additional experience with language teaching
• Project available for a minimum of 1 week with no maximum!
• Project hours – Monday to Thursday, 20 hours per week
• All teaching material included within project fee
• Course start dates every Monday throughout the year, closed December 24th - January 2nd(Arrival Weekend)
What is included
• Accommodation: Home stay provided for all students
• Food: 2 meals per day (breakfast and dinner)
• Airport pick up and drop off
• Training: Pre-departure preparation pack, On-site Orientation and Project induction provided
• Support: On-site coordinator providing 24 hour support
• Daily Latin dance classes
• Costa Rican cooking lessons
• Twice a week conversational classes
• Cultural activities and tours on the weekends (some may cost extra)
What is not included
• Daily Transport from homestay to school