Join our climate change internship in Vietnam and learn about the technologies being used to address climate change and resource depletion. You will be based at one of range of non-profit non-governmental organisation or social enterprises that work on a range of projects. Topics include sustainable agriculture, rural livelihoods, climate change adaptation, forestry governance, and research and pro-poor policy advocacy. The organisations often work with major national CSO networks and are involved with national/regional networks and policy forums. The focus of the internship is to contribute to improving the ability of poor communities in Vietnam to develop sustainable livelihoods by adapting to climate change. Project activities include helping communities to access the benefits from reducing emission from deforestation and forest degradation – and sustainably managing their forests. Join this climate change internship in Vietnam and play a part of local and global change.
Why choose this project?
You will gain hands on experience supporting your studies on this climate change internship in Vietnam. Not only will you get practical experience you will also understand how global and local change are being addressed. Vietnam is a fast changing country where the rate and approach to change has caused undeniable challenges such as pollution and resource depletion. The organisations benefit by having bright, motivated interns who are able to push forward project materials and advocacy.
Your internship will be shaped by the project priorities and activities at the time of your placement and may include:
- Assist with the development of project concept notes and proposals to support short and long-term climate change strategy
- Assist with writing and editing website content, newsletter articles and reports relating to climate change, forest management and environment fields
- Support the development, management and implementation of climate change projects, including undertaking needs/vulnerability assessments and conducting baseline surveys
- train local staff
- Participate in other related activities of the organization and engage/liaise with partners through climate change networks
You will be asked to do other research and administrative tasks as part of your role.
Interns will be asked to produce an end of placement report or presentation so that you can reflect on your learning and share recommendations with the local project team. It is recommended that you bring a laptop with you to enable you to do this and other project activities.
If you are studying or have experience of environmental science, renewable energy or climate change this could be an excellent placement for you. NGOs are looking for interns who are passionate, highly motivated and able to use their initiative. It goes without saying that you must be diligent, highly motivated and able to manage your time. You will be working with a team so good communication and team working competencies are important too.
You will need to send your CV/resume to highlight your skills, experience and interests before being accepted onto this internship.REQUEST MORE INFO RESERVE YOUR PLACE
WHY JOIN THE PROJECT
To learn about the way that local challenges relating to climate change are being approached
Because you believe that climate change interventions are a priority and want to take practical action
To understand how your actions at home can impact other destinations
Staying in either a homestay or apartment you will b e located in the bustling city of Ho Chi Minh, home to an array of food options. This southern city is filled with treasure new and old such as art galleries, museums, temples and of course, motorbikes! At weekends explore the city or head further afield to the world famous Chu Chi Tunnels. For the more adventurous visit Nha Trang and learn to dive or head to the beautiful Hoi An where local workers can make you an outfit in 24 hours!
Details & Costs
- Duration: 4 – 12 weeks, longer terms available
- Cost: £1680 / $2940 for 4 weeks
£225 / $394 for each extra 2 weeks.
(A deposit of £565 / $989 is required to secure your space)
- Requirements: age 18+
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City and some regional placements in Vietnam
- Project activities: developing project concept notes, marketing, needs assessments & baseline surveys, training local staff
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week
- Project Availability: All year around apart from mid January to mid February due to Lunar New Year Celebrations
- Arrival day: Thursdays.
What is included
- Accommodation: Room in a studio apartment cooking facilities & ensuite, common room with TV, or live with a homestay family, own room, shared living space & bathroom
- Airport pick-up and drop off from Ho Chi Minh International airport
- Meals: Breakfast & dinner at homestay, or cooking facilities only for studio apartments, no meals
- Training: Pre-departure pack, pre-departure & on-site orientation including cultural awareness, learning reflection document, borrowed local phone with Vietnamese SIM
- Project certificate on completion of end of placement presentation
- Support: 24 hour support
- City tour, cultural excursion, welcome and departure meal
- Excursions: Staff will help plan cultural visits (activity prices will be extra)
- Visa process guidance
- Learning Reflection Document
- Certificate on completion of Internship
- Supervision from qualified professional
What is not included
- Visa fees
- Transfers to and from your placement
- Electricity bills for studio apartments
- Police/Government Background Check; US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies) all other nationalities must provide local police check.
Easy 3-step application process
SPEAK TO A PLACEMENT ADVISOR
Contact us through the website, via email or phone. Our experienced staff are ready to help.
Apply online and pay your project security deposit. Our advisers will then contact you to guide you through the final steps.
REVIEW PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
Once you have applied we will send you more information and details about your project
HAVE A QUESTION?
We pride ourseleves on providing you high quality project information throughout your application process and whilst on the ground. Connect with us if you have any questions.