Travel the world and volunteer for less on your gap year by choosing our Round the World on a Budget package and combine fantastic volunteering opportunities, diverse destinations and cultures in Africa, Asia and Latin America to make the most of your gap year. Volunteer in Ghana, Nepal and Bolivia and gain an incredible cross cultural insight. Kickstart your gap year by volunteering on our fantastic children’s centre or sport’s coaching projects in the Bolivian Andes. By volunteering on these rewarding projects you will be able to support the development of local children from underprivileged backgrounds, develop their self-esteem and improve their general well-being or help develop sports skills as well as integrating girls into sport. This is a brilliant opportunity to encourage gender equality and play by sharing your passion and knowledge for children who need a little extra care.
Volunteers can really help make a difference on our mobile literacy project which is a great way to generate interest in reading and learning, as well as providing access to materials in areas where none is available. By volunteering you can be sure that you are contributing the betterment of these children’s futures. Alternatively participate on agriculture for education programme and support the education of adults and children by assisting with the planting and growing of crops to feed a school and generate an income.
On your last stop around the world help contribute to the relief and construction effort in Nepal, after the earthquakes that caused so much damage in 2015. By volunteering you will support local community development which focuses on women who do not have a place in society. You can choose to focus on an agriculture initiative or help on our teaching project by working with the children and local teachers. Whatever combination projects you choose you will have the opportunity to experience an eclectic mix of destinations, cultures and and invaluable volunteering experiences on your round the world gap year.
Gap Year Travel Packages
Choose 1 project from each of the 3 destinations and you will spend 4 weeks volunteering on each project;
Volunteer in Nepal and empower Nepalese women through sustainable agriculture, providing them with the ability to support themselves and their children.
Volunteer in a Children’s Centre in Bolivia managed entirely by local families from a small community.
Come and volunteer in Ghana to work with project whose mission is to provide access to books and to increase the reading skills of children and adults through the provision of a mobile literacy unit.
Become a sports coaching and community work volunteer in the Andes and help integrate boys and girls into sports, foster technical expertise, team work and gender equity.
Help agrarian based families generate an income and volunteer in rural Nepal in a Day Care Centre for the very young and provide education support for older children.
Role of the volunteer
As a volunteer your role will depend on the needs of the project. In Bolivia volunteers may work alongside teachers, care for the children, run football coaching sessions including lessons for children with special needs and participate in community environment work once a week. In Ghana volunteers may assist local educators, or get your hands dirty by helping with maintaining crops. In Nepal you can support local teachers with their own learning or provide homework assistance to children. Alternatively, help the women with their livestock or contribute to efforts with the rebuilding of homes and roads.
Volunteers with all levels of experience are welcome to join us on these projects. Volunteers must be able to speak basic Spanish (level A1 Basic User of CEFR / and those wishing to help with homework will need level B1 or above). Spanish lessons to develop your skills can be arranged for an additional fee.
Specific skills the projects are looking for are:
- Bolivia – trained teachers , experience working with children with special needs or those with a background in sports coaching.
- Ghana – no specific skills are needed, some prior teaching is useful or being physically fit
- Nepal – experience/study within training or teaching will be an advantage, positive attitude
- All volunteers are asked to submit a copy of their CV/Resume and a phone interview.
Cusco is the archaeological capital of the Americas and the oldest continuously inhabited city on the continent. Its legacy as the seat of the Inca Empire is readily apparent. Many of the city streets are lined with original stone walls and crowded with Quechua-speaking descendants of the Incas.
The word Cusco is the Spanish spelling of the Quechua word Qosqo. According to Inca mythology, when Manco Capac, the first Inca emperor saw the lush Sacred Valley, he struck a staff into the ground and declared the spotQosqo which means “navel of the universe.”
Cusco is a vibrant city with plenty to do and see during your spare time. Spend the days wandering around the museums, churches, art galleries and markets. At night time why not find one of the free salsa lessons held in one of the many clubs. Food is excellent and there are an array of coffee shops and bars to explore. Cusco is sure to stimulate all of your senses.
Details & Costs
- Duration: 12 weeks, 4 weeks on each
- Cost: £4144 / $7252 for 12 weeks
- Requirements: age 18+
- Location: La Paz – Bolivia, Accra – Ghana, Rural Nepal
- Project activities: depending on your projects choice may include preparing activities & lessons, leading tours, road building, tree planting. running workshops, running a mobile library
- Working hours: Hours vary but Monday – Friday in all locations, some Saturdays in Ghana
- Project availability: Projects available all year round except school holidays, Christmas
- Arrival days: Saturday for all projects
What is included
- Accommodation: Shared room in a volunteer house in all locations, communal spaces, kitchens in Ghana and Bolivia
- Food: 3 meals per day in Nepal, dinner each week night in Ghana, self catering in Bolivia
- Airport pickup and drop off: Pick up El Alto airport in La Paz, Bolivia, pick up Kotoka International Airport, Accra, Ghana, Kathmandu airport in Nepal
- Training: Pre-departure information pack, on-site orientation and project induction provided.
- Support: 24 hour on site support and 24/7 emergency number for volunteers and families
What is not included
- Flights to any destination
- Airport drop off in Ghana
- Meals not stated above
- Visas for all locations
- Daily transfers to and from your projects in any location
- Police background check: US and UK citizens processed through Kaya (admin fee applies) all other nationalities must provide local police check.
Easy 3-step application process
SPEAK TO A PLACEMENT ADVISOR
Contact us through the website, via email or phone. Our experienced staff are ready to help.
Apply online and pay your project security deposit. Our advisers will then contact you to guide you through the final steps.
REVIEW PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
Once you have applied we will send you more information and details about your project
HAVE A QUESTION?
We pride ourseleves on providing you high quality project information throughout your application process and whilst on the ground. Connect with us if you have any questions.