What is this NGO Development Internship in Zambia all about?
Whether you’re looking to build your fundraising experience, hone your project management skills, or master grant writing, this NGO internship in Zambia has what you’re looking for! Depending on your interests, we will match you with a local grassroots organization in need of a helping hand. You might help an animal welfare charity build its infrastructure so that it has the capacity to look after more street dogs and cats, or you could join a social impact program, aimed at breaking the cycle of poverty in Zambia.
Where you are placed will be dependent on your skills, experience and professional goals. We can accommodate those looking for all-round experience in the nonprofit sector, as well as those looking for experience in the following areas: marketing, fundraising, grant writing, communications, project management, community education and animal welfare.
Regardless of your placement, you will have the opportunity to get involved with a range of projects and play a key role in shaping the meaningful work carried out by the organization. All while living and exploring Livingstone and its incredible surroundings!
Why choose this NGO Development Internship programme in Zambia?
- Gain practical experience in your chosen area, such as communications, fundraising, stakeholder management, digital marketing and proposal writing
- Contribute to growth and development of local NGOs whilst working with like-minded professionals
- Experience living and working in Livingstone, Zambia
Role of the Intern
As an NGO management intern, your tasks will vary depending on your skills and the needs of the NGO, but they may include:
- Assisting with fundraising strategies and marketing campaigns
- Writing grant applications and proposals
- Assisting with monitoring and evaluation and impact reporting
- Handling the organization’s communication channels, and writing content for the website and social media
What skills do I need to be a NGO Development Intern in Zambia?
You will need strong writing and communication skills, as well as an ability to adapt to the varying needs of the organization. Some relevant experience working or volunteering for a non-profit is preferable, although not essential. A passion for sustainable development and the NGO’s mission is a must!
WHY JOIN THE PROJECT
To gain an insight into how NGOs operate in Zambia
To provide valuable assistance to local charities
Enhance your CV/resume
Where will I work in Zambia?
About the location
You will be based in Livingstone, Zambia. You will be a short driving distance from the famous Zambezi river and Victoria Falls, and there will be plenty of opportunities for adventure and exploration when you are not working!
For the duration of your internship, you will stay at a spacious and comfortable volunteer house, in the centre of Livingstone.
Details & Costs
- Duration: 8+ weeks
- Cost: £2500/$3903 for 8 weeks
- Requirements: Age 18+
- Location: Livingstone, Zambia
- Working hours: Monday-Friday, hours may vary
- Project availability: All year round
- Arrival day: Every other Monday
What is included
- Accommodation: Shared room in a volunteer house, common lounge, recreational area, on-site pool
- Airport pick-up: Airport pickup and drop-off on arrival and departure days
- Training: Pre-departure information pack, on-site Orientation and project induction and training provided
- Support: 24-hour support from on-site coordinator plus personal development coach
- Activities: Staff help organise weekend activities. (Activity price may be extra) such as Bungee Jumping, White Water Rafting on the Zambezi, and Helicopter Flights over Victoria Falls, Zambezi River Cruises or safaris in nearby national parks
- Reference letter at the end of your internship
What is not included
- Meals (some meals are included, depending on the internship)
- Police/Government Background Check; US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies) all other nationalities must provide local police check.
- Any costs for COVID-19 PCR tests required pre-departure and in-country
Easy 4-step application process
Click here to apply online and pay your application fee to apply for your space on your chosen project. Our advisors will then contact you to guide you through the next steps.
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll review your details and be in touch to arrange your informal telephone interview with your Kaya Placement Advisor.
Following your interview, we will provide you a placement offer. Once you are ready to confirm your placement and dates, you can pay your confirmation fee to book and secure your space.
When you have confirmed your project dates we'll send you your Welcome Pack and lots of other helpful information to assist you with preparing for your placement.
Refine your photography skills, enhance your CV and help create impactful images for a local NGO in Cape Town
Make a fundamental improvement to your own life and the vulnerable living by volunteering and helping to improve nutritional standards in Tacloban City.
Join our 8-week wildness gap year program and discover more about both yourself and South Africa!
Experience health promotion and community development through this internship by assisting local staff with the daily challenges facing residents
Girl and women empowerment volunteering in Zambia offers the opportunity to increase access to education, sport, livelihoods and more.
Participate in a fascinating health promotion and community volunteering project assisting local staff with the daily challenges facing residents
Volunteer near the amazing Victoria Falls in Zambia on a project working with local communities and do something extra special this Christmas.