Join our water pollution and environmental engineering internship in Vietnam and work at one, of a number, of organisations gaining a great reputation for their work in the field of environmental remediation. One organisation, running since 2008, is leading businesses in environmental engineering, contributing to the improvement and rehabilitation of polluted environments in Vietnam. The company provides treatment systems for wastewater, exhaust, dust, solid and medical waste, as well as drilling services for geological and water exploration and groundwater extraction. It also assists with environmental analysis, chemical concentration analysis (bio-chemistry), environmental impact assessments and environmental technologies. Another organisation focuses on coastal and marine sites with an emphasis on waste management and environmental protection.
Join this internship to gain first-hand insight into research and practical solutions to water pollution and environmental management in Vietnam.
Why choose this project?
You will gain hands-on experience to support your environmental or chemical engineering studies through participating in consultations, testing, implementation or research. The project benefits by having bright, motivated interns who are able to share their knowledge with local teams.
Your internship will be shaped by the priorities and work at the time of your placement and may include:
- Working with an investigation team to design and construct different environmental remediation projects
- Working with a testing team to analyze and inspect different environmental remediation projects
- Assisting with the production of reports on progress of the environmental remediation projects to the Executive Board and the Department of Technology
- Exposure to renewable energy technologies and site visits.
During your placement, you will be supervised by a renewable energy sector leader. Interns will be asked to produce a final report or presentation to reflect on your learning and share recommendations with the local project team. It is recommended that you bring a laptop to complete this, and other project activities.
If you are studying or have experience with environmental engineering, chemical engineering, combustion technology or renewable resource management, this is an excellent placement for you. You should be diligent, highly motivated and able to manage your time, as well as having good communication and team working competencies. You will be asked to provide a copy of your CV/resume to identify your skills, experience and interests before being accepted onto this internship.
WHY JOIN THE PROJECT
Share key skills and experience with local water management teams
To learn about different technologies to address renewable energy shortages
To work with experts in the field of renewable energy
Though living in bustling Ho Chi Minh City, you won’t feel alone with your assigned local buddy. Together you can discover the local hot spots, such as museums, temples, art galleries, restaurants and street cafes. During the weekend, explore the underground world of the infamous Chu Chi Tunnels, or visit Hue with its color-changing bridge. For some quiet time, enjoy the art scene of Hoi An or relax on the beaches of Nha Trang or Danang.
Details & Costs
- Duration: 8 – 12 weeks, longer terms available
Minimum of 8 weeks recommended to have better chances to find a placement and get the most out of the experience
- Cost: £2916 / $5103 for 8 weeks
£365 / $639 for each extra 2 weeks
(A deposit of £565 / $989 is required to secure your space)
- Requirements: age 18+
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Project activities: investigation, testing and review activities, produce reports
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week
- Project Availability: all year round, apart from mid-January to mid-February due to Lunar New Year Celebrations
- Arrival day: First and Third Thursdays of the month
What is included
- Accommodation: room in a studio apartment with cooking facilities & ensuite, common room with TV. Or live with a homestay family with your own room and a shared living space & bathroom.
- Airport pick-up and drop off from Ho Chi Minh International Airport
- Meals: breakfast & dinner (only if staying at a homestay)
- Training: pre-departure pack, pre-departure & on-site orientation including cultural awareness & learning reflection document
- A local buddy
- Local phone with Vietnamese SIM
- Project certificate on completion of the final presentation
- 24-hour support
- City tour:
- cultural excursion (for Hanoi placement, you will get a 1-day tour of Ha Long Bay, for Ho Chi Ming City, you will get a 1-day tour of Mekong Delta)
- departure meal
- Visa processing fee and guidance
- Supervision from qualified professional
What is not included
- Transfers to and from your placement
- Electricity bills (only if staying in studio apartments)
- Police/Government Background Check: US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies); all other nationalities must provide local police check.
Easy 3-step application process
SPEAK TO A PLACEMENT ADVISOR
Contact us through the website, via email or phone. Our experienced staff are ready to help.
Apply online and pay your project security deposit. Our advisers will then contact you to guide you through the final steps.
REVIEW PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
Once you have applied we will send you more information and details about your project
HAVE A QUESTION?
We pride ourseleves on providing you high quality project information throughout your application process and whilst on the ground. Connect with us if you have any questions.
Get involved with tourism development in a rural community of Thailand and help build the future of the local community!
Combine study abroad and volunteering this summer in Cusco, Peru.
Take a hands-on role in reforestation and environmental education by volunteering on this mass action project in South Africa this summer.
Veterinary internship in South Africa Wild Coast catering to 2nd and 3rd-year students
Combine study abroad and volunteering for a semester in Vietnam
Join this NGO Business Internship in Vietnam and develop your business knowledge by working with local community projects.
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Medical and Healthcare Internship in Vietnam
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Occupational Therapy Internship in Vietnam at a recovery centre
Develop your knowledge of the theory and practical elements in tackling global warming on this Climate Change Internship in Vietnam