What is the Water Pollution And Environmental Engineering Internship In Vietnam all about?
Join this internship to gain first-hand insight into research and practical solutions to water pollution and environmental management in Vietnam.
Why choose this Water Pollution And Environmental Engineering Internship in Vietnam?
You will gain hands-on experience to support your environmental or chemical engineering studies through participating in consultations, testing, implementation or research. The project benefits by having bright, motivated interns who are able to share their knowledge with local teams.
Role of the Conservation Intern
Your internship will be shaped by the priorities and work at the time of your placement and may include:
- Working with an investigation team to design and construct different environmental remediation projects
- Working with a testing team to analyze and inspect different environmental remediation projects
- Assisting with the production of reports on progress of the environmental remediation projects to the Executive Board and the Department of Technology
- Exposure to renewable energy technologies and site visits.
During your placement, you will be supervised by a renewable energy sector leader. Interns will be asked to produce a final report or presentation to reflect on your learning and share recommendations with the local project team. It is recommended that you bring a laptop to complete this, and other project activities.
What skills do I need to be a Water Pollution And Environmental Engineer Intern?
If you are studying or have experience with environmental engineering, chemical engineering, combustion technology or renewable resource management, this is an excellent placement for you. You should be diligent, highly motivated and able to manage your time, as well as having good communication and team working competencies. You will be asked to provide a copy of your CV/resume to identify your skills, experience and interests before being accepted onto this internship.
Travel during COVID times
The health and safety of our travelers and our local communities remain central to our plans for reopening countries and projects. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been adapting our programs and protocols to protect all those involved, and ask for everyone’s patience and collaboration as new rules are implemented in-country. For all projects, new standards of sanitation, procedures and social behaviors are in place, including new health and hygiene protocols and social distancing practices. You can read more here. Each location may be slightly different in the way they operate. We encourage you to inquire to your placement advisor to learn more about your specific project as you plan for your responsible return to travel!
RECRUITING FOR 2022
WHY JOIN THE PROJECT
Share key skills and experience with local water management teams
To learn about different technologies to address renewable energy shortages
To work with experts in the field of renewable energy
Where will I work in Vietnam?
Though living in bustling Ho Chi Minh City, you won’t feel alone with your assigned local buddy. Together you can discover the local hot spots, such as museums, temples, art galleries, restaurants and street cafes. During the weekend, explore the underground world of the infamous Chu Chi Tunnels, or visit Hue with its color-changing bridge. For some quiet time, enjoy the art scene of Hoi An or relax on the beaches of Nha Trang or Danang.
Details & Costs
- Duration: 8 to 24 weeks. Minimum of 8 weeks recommended to have better chances to find a placement and get the most out of the experience
- Cost: £3601 / $5621 for 8 weeks See drop-down menu for additional pricing (A deposit of £650 / $1040 is required to secure your space on this specific placement)
- Requirements: Age 18+
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi, Vietnam
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week
- Project availability: All year round apart. Intern activities differ during Lunar New Year
- Arrival day: First and Third Thursdays of the month
What is included
- Accommodation: Individual studio or individual room in a shared apartment with 3 other students/young professional.
- Airport pick-up and drop off from Ho Chi Minh International Airport
- Training: pre-departure pack, pre-departure & on-site orientation including cultural awareness & learning reflection document
- A local buddy
- Local phone with Vietnamese SIM
- Project certificate on completion of the final presentation
- 24-hour support
- City tour:
- cultural excursion (for Hanoi placement, you will get a 1-day tour of Ha Long Bay, for Ho Chi Ming City, you will get a 1-day tour of Mekong Delta)
- departure meal
- Visa processing fee and guidance
- Supervision from qualified professional
What is not included
- Transfers to and from your placement
- Police/Government Background Check: US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies); all other nationalities must provide local police check.
- Any costs for COVID-19 PCR tests required pre-departure and in-country
Easy 4-step application process
Click here to apply online and pay your application fee to apply for your space on your chosen project. Our advisors will then contact you to guide you through the next steps.
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll review your details and be in touch to arrange your informal telephone interview with your Kaya Placement Advisor.
Following your interview, we will provide you a placement offer. Once you are ready to confirm your placement and dates, you can pay your confirmation fee to book and secure your space.
When you have confirmed your project dates we'll send you your Welcome Pack and lots of other helpful information to assist you with preparing for your placement.
Join our 8-week wildness gap year program and discover more about both yourself and South Africa!
Join this organic farming and food security initiative, aimed at providing a sustainable source of healthy foods for young mothers and inner city youth in Belize.
Join our 8-week wildlife conservation and community development gap year program, and explore South Africa in an exciting and meaningful way!
Volunteer in Zimbabwe and participate in wildlife protection and conservation efforts at a leading game park, working up close with Africa's most incredible animals.
Join this NGO Business Internship in Vietnam and develop your business knowledge by working with local community projects.
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Medical and Healthcare Internship in Vietnam
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Occupational Therapy Internship in Vietnam at a recovery centre
Develop your knowledge of the theory and practical elements in tackling global warming on this Climate Change Internship in Vietnam
Join this Agriculture Internship in Vietnam and learn about local approaches to improving crop yields, land use, agri policy and more