LATEST NEWS

  • CONTACT
  • 0161 870 6212
  • 1.413.517.0266

MOROCCO

Explore Moroccan’s ancient cities and vast desert whilst learning about its rich culture through its communities and environments. Experience Morocco best through our volunteering and internships in Morocco!

Intern & Volunteer in Morocco

The Kingdom of Morocco offers a very rich and diverse culture with a blend of Arab, Berber, European and African influences. It’s known to be the most westerly country in North Africa. Morocco is located in Northern Africa and is unique amongst African nations because of its mountain interior, inland deserts and shares coastlines with the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. 

Volunteer in Morocco to support those who are unfortunately underrepresented. Despite Morocco’s economic progress, imbalances between the rich and poor persist. The country continues to suffer from poverty, illiteracy and high unemployment. Domestic violence is not explicitly criminalized in Morocco, so victims don’t have protection from the law or government. It’s said that the law is gender discriminatory, favouring men in many aspects. Other issues, like the exploitation of child domestic workers, continue to be an issue despite the ban on employing children below the age of 15. Through our internships and volunteer opportunities in Morocco, you can contribute to local efforts and support those driving change to these issues, whether that is through childcare, medical assistance, women’s empowerment, teaching English abroad or journalism. 

Our volunteer projects and internships in Morocco are located in the Capital of Rabat. Rabat is the perfect blend of modern and traditional Morocco. The medina quarter is typical of Moroccan culture with windy narrow streets in between thick walls almost like a maze. Intern or volunteer in Morocco and see this beautiful country for yourself!

WHY INTERN OR VOLUNTEER IN MOROCCO WITH KAYA? 

  • You can become an intern or volunteer in Morocco on one of our projects for anywhere between 2-12 weeks.
  • Kaya’s internship and volunteer projects in Morocco are available to start throughout the year. 
  • All of our projects work towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
  • Kaya provides all volunteers and interns with accommodation for the duration of their trip.

 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

  • Population – 38 million (2023 estimate)
  • Languages spoken – Arabic dialects, French, Spanish and English. 
  • Religion – 99% of Moroccans are Sunni Muslim, the other 1%is made up of Christians and Shia Muslims.
  • Currency – Moroccan Dirham (MAD)
  • Climate – tropical with temperatures reaching 35 degrees. 

FUN FACT ABOUT MOROCCO

There is a city in Morocco called the Blue City (Chefchaouen), where everything from the building’s walls, rooftops and floors are painted in a beautiful blue colour! There are said to be many reasons why the city is blue.

Laboratory Internship in Morocco

Learn about the Moroccan healthcare system while shadowing laboratory staff at a private clinic

View projectAdd to
wishlist
Remove from
wishlist
Teach English or French in Morocco

Be part of a team working to spread knowledge and education.

View projectAdd to
wishlist
Remove from
wishlist
Human Rights & NGO Management Internship in Morocco

Learn about the impacts of Human Rights, Social Justice & NGO Management abroad

View projectAdd to
wishlist
Remove from
wishlist
Occupational Therapy Internship in Morocco

Learn about the emerging field of Occupational Therapy in Morocco

View projectAdd to
wishlist
Remove from
wishlist
Journalism Internship in Morocco

Gain some real experience in Journalism abroad!

View projectAdd to
wishlist
Remove from
wishlist
Women’s Empowerment Internship in Morocco

Get involved with women's empowerment projects in Morocco and help local women build their future!

View projectAdd to
wishlist
Remove from
wishlist
Childcare Volunteer Project in Morocco

Get involved with local Moroccan children and help move their education forward!

View projectAdd to
wishlist
Remove from
wishlist

Easy 4-step application process

APPLY ONLINE

Apply online and pay your application fee to apply for your space on your chosen project. Our advisors will then contact you to guide you through the next steps.

TELEPHONE INTERVIEW

Once we’ve received your application, we’ll review your details and be in touch to arrange your informal telephone interview with your Kaya Placement Advisor.

CONFIRMATION

Following your interview, we will provide you a placement offer. Once you are ready to confirm your placement and dates, you can pay your confirmation fee to book and secure your space.

GET PREPARED

When you have confirmed your project dates we'll send you your Welcome Pack and lots of other helpful information to assist you with preparing for your placement.