Remote Internships in Ecuador
Ecuador is home to dramatic, contrasting landscapes despite being the second-smallest country in Latin America. In one day, you can journey from black water lagoons of the Amazon basin, across the glaciers of Andean volcanoes, through dense cloud forest canopies and arrive at the beaches of the Pacific coast. These unique landscapes make Ecuador a great place for biodiversity and environmental conservation. The people of Ecuador are as diverse as their landscape, however, high poverty and income inequality greatly affect the indigenous, mixed race, and rural populations.
Our remote internship projects in Ecuador focus on sustainable projects working with the local communities to address issues around the environment, entrepreneurship, corporate and social responsibilities, among others.
To read feedback from Kaya participants, click here.
Project examples for Ecuador
Support an LGBTQ+ local organization defending the rights of its community by researching and processing data, analyzing it, and helping write reports.
Develop your videography skills helping a conservation NGO develop much-needed promotional materials.
Support a local NGO to work on a new recycling project alongside an initiative tackling child labour in the Ecuadorian markets.
Fields available for Remote Internships in Ecuador include:
- Agroecology and Conservation
- Architecture / Urban Planning
- Content Management
- Data processing
- Environmental and Sustainability Studies
- Government and Politics
- Graphic Design
- NGOs and Non Profit
- Public Health
- Sports and Exercise Science
- Social Media
- Website development
With many other custom placements available. Contact a Kaya placement advisor now to find out what projects in Ecuador can use your skills and interests
Fall 2021 Session 1 Dates
Start date: September 2, 2021
End date: December 3, 2021
Application deadline: August 13th, 2021
Fall 2021 Session 2 Dates
Start date: September 23, 2021
End date: December 3, 2021
Application deadline: September 3rd, 2021
Spring 2022 Session Date
Start date: January 20, 2022
End date: April 22, 2022
Application deadline: January 6, 2022
Program fees: US $1285 (UK £1090)
What does a Kaya Remote Internship in Ecuador include?
- Advising support from Kaya every step of the way from the application process throughout your program
- Individual internship placement matched based on your interests and career goals (internships range from 15-30 hours per week and 5-12h per week in Fall to accommodate schedules)
- Orientation to your host organization and placement
- Cultural Orientation with your Country Site Director
- Placement Guide outlining details of your host organization and goals of your placement
- Donations to support the work of your project
- Weekly “face to face” check-in and feedback session with your Project Supervisor
- Weekly “face to face” check-in and reflection session with your Country Site Director
- Weekly Cultural workshops with Country Director to attend live or watch the recording when it is convenient for you (1-2 hours/workshop)
- Local buddy for weekly cultural exchange with prompts to facilitate discussion
- Discussion forum to connect you with other interns
- A toolkit to understand your work style and learn to bridge cultural differences through interactive culture guides
- Certificate of completion
- Support pursuing home university credit, where available.
- Invitation to Kaya LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Reentry toolkit to guide your future career steps!
- Future program discount of US$200/ GB£150 to visit your host country in the future
Optional Add-ons (not included)
- Language classes: Spanish
– $55 2 hours/week
– $100 4 hours/week
- Academic coursework with credit through our university partner.
Ecuador Country Director
Your support staff on your Ecuador remote internship
Diana Balarezo holds an MA in social and environmental studies and a bachelor of science degree in tourism development and hospitality with a minor in fine arts. Born in Ecuador, Diana lived in the United States as a student during her junior year of college, and after college, as a restaurant manager at a ski resort in Idaho. She also participated in a six-month internship in Valencia, Spain, and has traveled to 21 countries so far.
Application Process and Payment Schedule
Speak to a Kaya placement advisor for more information on available placements in your subject area, and the type of work you are interested in. Click here to email us.
Complete an Application
and submit your resume/CV with a $45/ £40 deposit, for us to match you with best project options. Deposits are deducted from the total tuition fee and will be refunded if we can’t find you a placement.
Confirm your chosen project with a Kaya advisor, then pay your balance to accept and book your placement.
What are the requirements to do a Kaya Remote Internship?
Our program is open to all.
Instruction is in English, so there are NO foreign language requirements, but we do have opportunities if you are looking to improve your Spanish language skills.
All you will need is access to a laptop, internet connection for video calls and an interest in cultural learning.