Remote Internships in Thailand
Thailand is located in Southeast Asia and is previously known as Siam. Thailand is the only country in the region that has never been colonized, making its culture so much richer and authentic. Thai people are very friendly and the country is also known as the land of smiles. The dominant religion is Buddhism and as a result, Thai people tend to be very spiritual in their way of life.
Thailand has made remarkable social and economic progress in the last four decades. Inequalities and uneven education quality remain an issue throughout the country that many of our projects try to address. Join us for your remote internship in Thailand and gain some real work experience in Southeast Asia from your own home.
Project examples for Thailand
Expand on your analytical skills creating reports for a local NGO in need of English materials for donors and supporters.
Support a local LGBTQ NGO with their marketing and fundraising efforts as they work on advocacy and acceptance within the community.
Gain some teaching experience and assist an anti-trafficking local organization by teaching English and developing documentations in English.
Fields available for Remote Internships in Thailand include:
- Communication and Website content Building
- English writing and doing research
- Grant Writing
- LGBTQ+ Rights
- NGO support
- Project Development
- Social Media Management and Community engagement
With many other custom placements available. Contact a Kaya placement advisor now to find out what projects in Thailand can use your skills and interests.
Fall 2021 Session 1 Dates
Start date: September 2, 2021
End date: December 3, 2021
Application deadline: August 13th, 2021
Fall 2021 Session 2 Dates
Start date: September 23, 2021
End date: December 3, 2021
Application deadline: September 3rd, 2021
Spring 2022 Session Date
Start date: January 20, 2022
End date: April 22, 2022
Application deadline: January 6, 2022
What does a Kaya Remote Internship in Thailand include?
- Advising support from Kaya every step of the way from the application process throughout your program
- Individual internship placement matched based on your interests and career goals (internships range from 15-30 hours per week in Summer and 5-12h per week in Fall and Spring to accommodate schedules)
- Orientation to your host organization and placement
- Cultural Orientation with your Country Site Director
- Placement Guide outlining details of your host organization and goals of your placement
- Donations to support the work of your project
- Weekly “face to face” check-in and feedback session with your Project Supervisor
- Weekly “face to face” check-in and reflection session with your Country Site Director
- Weekly Cultural workshops with Country Director to attend live or watch the recording when it is convenient for you (1-2 hours/workshop)
- Local buddy for weekly cultural exchange with prompts to facilitate discussion
- Discussion forum to connect you with other interns
- A toolkit to understand your work style and learn to bridge cultural differences through interactive culture guides
- Certificate of completion
- Support pursuing home university credit, where available.
- Invitation to Kaya LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Reentry toolkit to guide your future career steps!
- Future program discount of US$300/ GB£230 to visit your host country in the future
DAVID JACKSON Thailand Country Director
Your support staff on your Thailand remote internship
David was born in the UK and moved to Colorado in the US when he was 16, where he completed high school and University. As an avid traveller, his first thought on graduation was to travel to Asia. He volunteered and lived with a family in Kathmandu for 2 months before travelling to Thailand. He quickly fell in love with the country. Initially teaching English, then as a development officer for an NGO. Since 2009 he has led a social enterprise that provides education abroad experiences in SE Asia. He has an MA in Asia Pacific Studies and is fluent in Thai. He loves his work because it allows him to share his love of Thailand and its people with participants and at the same time support the great things that people all over Thailand are doing every day.
Application Process and Payment Schedule
Speak to a Kaya placement advisor for more information on available placements in your subject area, and the type of work you are interested in. Click here to email us.
Complete an Application
and submit your resume/CV with a $45/ £40 deposit, for us to match you with best project options. Deposits are deducted from the total tuition fee and will be refunded if we can’t find you a placement.
Confirm your chosen project with a Kaya advisor, then pay your balance to accept and book your placement.
What are the requirements to do a Kaya Remote Internship?
Our program is open to all. Instruction is in English, so there are NO foreign language requirements, but we do have opportunities if you are looking to improve your Arabic or French language skills. All you will need is access to a laptop, internet connection for video calls and an interest in cultural learning.