What is the NGO Business Development Internship in Vietnam all about?
Vietnam’s significance in South East Asia is emerging as an attractive country for business. Through this internship, you will be able to assist local NGOs as well as local members of the community to expand their reach. This is a great opportunity for furthering your career.
Whether you want to learn about marketing, communication, microfinance, NGO management or event management, we have the right place for you! Join our NGO Business internship in Vietnam and develop your business knowledge by working with a local NGO. Depending on your field of study and your personal interest, you may focus on project funding, project marketing, marketing products locally, microfinance loan identification, NGO strategy, event management or market research.
This internship focuses on helping local Vietnamese doing business and increasing their income, whether it’s concentrating on helping them market their product, helping them identify a source of revenues if they live in a rural area, raising money, etc.
There are several types of NGOs that are looking for assistance and can be matched with your skills and interests. Depending on your specialty, you may be able to:
- Join a communication department to assist with project funding request or project marketing and communication
- Join a project targeting livelihoods for women or farmers and advise them on how to increase their income
- Join a micro-finance project and help increase awareness
- Join a social enterprise or NGO to assist with their sales, marketing, and event development
Why choose this NGO Business Development Internship programme in Vietnam?
You will gain professional on-the-job training, building your own business network, develop project management skills while working directly with an organization that focuses on your specialty. In addition, you will be given a reference letter based on your good performances, as well as a certificate of completion to be used when you start applying for jobs back home. The skills you develop may include data sourcing, research, financial analysis, planning and organizing events, writing, video-making, photo-shooting, etc.
Role of the Business Intern
Your internship will be shaped by the placement that is most suited to your studies. You will work with local experts and may be involved in:
- Market Research Internship – conduct research on different Vietnamese economic sectors, data sourcing, data mining, data crunching, financial data analysis, other duties as requested by research associate and management team.
- Strategic Business Internship – coordinate product development and assist with launching campaign, research product trends and analyze the data to present to the management team.
- Marketing Internship – assist with the planning and implementing of all marketing activities including organizing events, copywriting, proofreading, editing, writing blog posts, making videos, taking photos amongst others.
- Project management Internship – help organize work sessions on project management through controlling quality, lead-time, and productivity.
Interns will be asked to produce an end of placement report or presentation to reflect on your learning and share recommendations with the local project team. It is recommended that you bring a laptop with you to enable you to do this, and other project activities.
What skills do I need to be an Intern in this NGO Business Development project?
If you are studying or have experience in any field of business, this is a placement for you. You must be diligent, highly motivated and able to manage your time. You will be working with a team, so good communication and team working competencies are important. You will be asked to send your CV/resume to identify your skills, experience, and interests before being accepted onto this internship.
WHY JOIN THE PROJECT
To gain on-the-job training
To expand your professional network
To add an experience abroad on your resume
Where will I work in Vietnam?
About the Location
Ho Chi Minh (formerly known as Saigon) is well known for being very high energy. The chaos of the city mixes with the timeless alleys, traditional temples and modern malls and skyscrapers. Ho Chi Minh is Vietnam’s largest city and is the country centre of commerce.
What to do in your spare time
Whilst living in Ho Chi Minh City, make sure you take a dinner cruise on the Saigon River. Also hit the most famous market; Ben Tanh Market, located in district 1. There are more than 3000 stalls, but make sure to bargain as the prices tend to be inflated for tourists! If you are a history buff, you will have plenty of museums and palaces to visit. Make sure to visit a pagoda as well to see gorgeous Vietnamese sculptures.
Details & Costs
- Duration: 8 to 24 weeks. Minimum of 8 weeks recommended to have better chances to find a placement and get the most out of the experience
- Cost: £3601 / $5621 for 8 weeks. A £415/$500 deposit is required upon confirming your placement.
See drop-down menu for additional pricing
*This pricing is applicable for bookings for travel up to 1st September 2023.
- Requirements: Age 18+
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week
- Project availability: All year round. Intern activities differ during Lunar New Year
- Arrival day: First and Third Thursdays of the month
What is included
- Accommodation: individual studio or individual room in a shared apartment with 3 other students/young professional.
- Airport pick-up and drop off from Ho Chi Minh International Airport
- Training: pre-departure pack, pre-departure & on-site orientation including cultural awareness & learning reflection document
- A local buddy
- Local phone with Vietnamese SIM
- Project certificate on completion of the final presentation
- 24-hour support
- City tour:
- cultural excursion
- departure meal
- Visa processing fee and guidance
- Supervision from qualified professional
What is not included
- Transfers to and from your placement
- Police/Government Background Check: US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies); all other nationalities must provide local police check.
- Any costs for COVID-19 PCR tests required pre-departure and in-country
Easy 4-step application process
Click here to apply online and pay your application fee to apply for your space on your chosen project. Our advisors will then contact you to guide you through the next steps.
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll review your details and be in touch to arrange your informal telephone interview with your Kaya Placement Advisor.
Following your interview, we will provide you a placement offer. Once you are ready to confirm your placement and dates, you can pay your confirmation fee to book and secure your space.
When you have confirmed your project dates we'll send you your Welcome Pack and lots of other helpful information to assist you with preparing for your placement.
Refine your photography skills, enhance your CV and help create impactful images for a local NGO in Cape Town
Join Kaya's NGO Development Internship and gain key skills to enhance your CV whilst contributing to impactful work in Livingstone, Zambia.
Learn about non-profit management, community development, social media in promotion, event management and donor funding while experiencing local culture.
Take part in a NGO Management Internship in Ecuador and develop your skills and gain experience abroad
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Medical and Healthcare Internship in Vietnam
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Occupational Therapy Internship in Vietnam at a recovery centre
Bring your caring and sharing approach to life and participate in community volunteering in Southern Vietnam.