Vietnam’s significance in South East Asia is emerging as an attractive country for business. Through this internship, you will be able to assist local NGOs as well as local members of the community to expand their reach. This is a great opportunity for furthering your career.
Whether you want to learn about marketing, communication, microfinance, NGO management or event management, we have the right place for you! Join our NGO Business internship in Vietnam and develop your business knowledge by working with a local NGO. Depending on your field of study and your personal interest, you may focus on project funding, project marketing, marketing products locally, microfinance loan identification, NGO strategy, event management or market research.
This internship focuses on helping local Vietnamese doing business and increasing their income, whether it’s concentrating on helping them market their product, helping them identify a source of revenues if they live in a rural area, raising money, etc.
There are several types of NGOs that are looking for assistance and can be matched with your skills and interests. Depending on your specialty, you may be able to:
- Join a communication department to assist with project funding request or project marketing and communication
- Join a project targeting livelihoods for women or farmers and advise them on how to increase their income
- Join a micro-finance project and help increase awareness
- Join a social enterprise or NGO to assist with their sales, marketing, and event development
Why choose this project?
You will gain professional on-the-job training, building your own business network, develop project management skills while working directly with an organization that focuses on your specialty. In addition, you will be given a reference letter based on your good performances, as well as a certificate of completion to be used when you start applying for jobs back home. The skills you develop may include data sourcing, research, financial analysis, planning and organizing events, writing, video-making, photo-shooting, etc.
Your internship will be shaped by the placement that is most suited to your studies. You will work with local experts and may be involved in:
- Market Research Internship – conduct research on different Vietnamese economic sectors, data sourcing, data mining, data crunching, financial data analysis, other duties as requested by research associate and management team.
- Strategic Business Internship – coordinate product development and assist with launching campaign, research product trends and analyze the data to present to the management team.
- Marketing Internship – assist with the planning and implementing of all marketing activities including organizing events, copywriting, proofreading, editing, writing blog posts, making videos, taking photos amongst others.
- Project management Internship – help organize work sessions on project management through controlling quality, lead-time, and productivity.
Interns will be asked to produce an end of placement report or presentation to reflect on your learning and share recommendations with the local project team. It is recommended that you bring a laptop with you to enable you to do this, and other project activities.
If you are studying or have experience in any field of business, this is a placement for you. You must be diligent, highly motivated and able to manage your time. You will be working with a team, so good communication and team working competencies are important. You will be asked to send your CV/resume to identify your skills, experience, and interests before being accepted onto this internship.REQUEST MORE INFO RESERVE YOUR PLACE
WHY JOIN THE PROJECT
To gain on-the-job training
To expand your professional network
To add an experience abroad on your resume
About the Location
Depending on your specialty, you will be placed in either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh.
Ho Chi Minh (formerly known as Saigon) is well known for being very high energy. The chaos of the city mixes with the timeless alleys, traditional temples and modern malls and skyscrapers. Ho Chi Minh is Vietnam’s largest city and is the country centre of commerce.
Hanoi is known to be a cultural city and very multicultural and cosmopolitan with a lot of expats. It is the capital city of Vietnam and has a very different vibe from ho Ci Minh City. Because the city was less affected by the war, the Vietnamese cultural influence is much more noticeable.
Your home setting will depend on your accommodation choice, whether homestay or studio apartment.
What to do in your spare time
If you are based in Ho Chi Minh City, make sure you take a dinner cruise on the Saigon River aboard. Also hit the most famous markets, Ben Tanh Market, located in district 1. There are more than 3000 stalls, but make sure to bargain as the prices tend to be inflated for tourists! if you are a history buff, you will have plenty of museums and palaces to visit. Make sure to visit a pagoda as well to see gorgeous Vietnamese sculptures.
If you are in Hanoi, take a walk around the Hoan Kiem Lake and enjoy the sight of the famous pagoda. Visit the Bach Ma Temple, or go up the Lotte Tower Observation Deck. Roam around the Old Quarter or enjoy some outdoor activities by going on eco tours in the surrounding countryside areas like Halong Bay.
Details & Costs
- Duration: 4 – 12 weeks, longer terms available
- Cost: £1950 / $3412 for 4 weeks
£282 / $494 for each extra 2 weeks
(A deposit of £565 / $989 is required to secure your space)
- Requirements: age 18+
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi or some regional placements in Vietnam depending on specialty
- Project activities: depends on the nature of the internship
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week
- Project Availability: all year round apart, from mid-January to mid-February due to Lunar New Year Celebrations
- Arrival day: Thursdays.
What is included
- Accommodation: room in a studio apartment with cooking facilities & ensuite, common room with TV. Or, live with a homestay family with your own room and shared living space & bathroom.
- Airport pick-up and drop off from Ho Chi Minh International Airport
- Meals: breakfast & dinner (only if staying at a homestay)
- Training: pre-departure pack, pre-departure & on-site orientation including cultural awareness & learning reflection document
- A local buddy
- Local phone with Vietnamese SIM
- Project certificate on completion of final presentation
- 24 hour support
- City tour, cultural excursion, welcome and departure meal
- Excursions: Staff will help plan cultural visits (activity prices will be extra)
- Visa process guidance
- Certificate on completion of internship
- Supervision from qualified professional
What is not included
- Visa fees
- Transfers to and from your placement
- Electricity bills for studio apartments
- Police/Government Background Check: US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies); all other nationalities must provide local police check.
Easy 3-step application process
SPEAK TO A PLACEMENT ADVISOR
Contact us through the website, via email or phone. Our experienced staff are ready to help.
Apply online and pay your project security deposit. Our advisers will then contact you to guide you through the final steps.
REVIEW PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
Once you have applied we will send you more information and details about your project
HAVE A QUESTION?
We pride ourseleves on providing you high quality project information throughout your application process and whilst on the ground. Connect with us if you have any questions.