We are currently recruiting for an Ecuador-based roleSee below for full description of requirements. US based role coming soon.
Organization: Kaya Responsible Travel
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Hours: Full-time for 2 year contract
Start Date: September, 2019
Who we are
Kaya Responsible Travel is a provider of service-learning, volunteering, internship, and faculty-led programs, working in more than 25 locations around the world. Our commitment to providing ethical, responsible, and sustainable options helps to empower communities and cultivate educated, compassionate global citizens.
Our company values are defined as:
- Doing good in every way – Seeking to always do good for the people and the planet:
- Embracing the challenge of keeping it real – Trekking the path of authenticity – bumps and all!
- A bursting passion – not just a job – Living our values inside and outside the workplace – and sharing them with the world
- The voice of the people – Listening to all the voices that need to be heard
- A little old ant with a rubber tree plant – We’re small but we got high hopes
- Seriously good humour – Always looking for the joy in the challenge
Placement Advisors are the first point of contact for people interested in and those participating in a volunteer or internship program with Kaya. Our approach is to share our passion for travel and community engagement to inspire others, to convey our knowledge of our projects and ethical issues in the field, and to offer a high level of support for every participant from start to finish.
As a Placement Advisor, you will work Monday – Friday responding to email, telephone and live chat enquiries. Specializing in Latin America, you will also work with placements in our Asian and African locations. You will be responsible for your own contacts from enquiry to participation; following up with leads, communicating with our partner organizations around the world, and managing the administration of enquiries and participants. In addition, the team supports institutions offering Study Abroad placements for their students, so the role will include communications with faculty and study abroad professionals.
As well as advising and recruiting participants, you will also be responsible for overseeing your placements throughout their program, in collaboration with Kaya Placement Administrators who support this role.
There are some additional opportunities for the individual in this position to work as a group coordinator for faculty-led group programs that occur throughout the year in the latin American region, which may require travel within Ecuador and other Latin American locations.
This position is based at Kaya’s Quito office, where this Kaya position shares office space with our Ecuador site team. We work closely as a team across timezones, so it’s important that you can work well as part of a multi-locational team and are able to work independently when other team members are offline. This position is available as a 2 year assignment.
This position requires a proactive, eloquent and enthusiastic individual who has a competent level of conversational Spanish and an interest in the field of social and environmental development. The successful candidate for the position will be passionate about travel and prepared for a steep learning curve in the field of international education. We are looking for independent candidates that are looking to explore and immerse in Quito city life.
- Recruitment: advising enquiries on Kaya placements and enabling applications, working with the team to achieve recruitment targets
- Participant support: Managing questions and issues that arise prior to departure and during placements, liaising with sign-ups in preparation for departure, learning and working with CRM systems, supporting participants in country and helping resolve any issues that arrise.
- International relations with partner organizations and providers: Communicating and maintaining relationships with in-country teams to confirm placement details and logistical arrangements for volunteers.
- University Relations:Communicating and maintaining relationships with Study Abroad offices in our affiliate US schools
- Marketing and Social Media: Supporting the marketing coordinator in the development of materials that promote volunteering and Kaya’s placements, including writing blogs, identifying content for social media, writing case studies for our website and gathering photos and videos.
- Administration: Managing the administration of participants. Documenting and managing information across a multi-location team
- Developing an area of specialism to become more involved with and lead projects relating to your topic area
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience travelling in developing countries, ideally with some international volunteer, intern or study abroad experience
- Fluent English speaker
- Competency in Spanish (verbal communication, intermediate and above)
- An undergraduate degree, any subject.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with a team and independently
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Google Suite & Mac Suite
- Experience with Study Abroad or Faculty-Led Programming
- Public speaking/presenting
- Experience participating in a service-learning/volunteer program abroad
- US driver’s license
Compensation and Benefits
- Monthly stipend aligned with local Ecuador salary rates
- Annual round trip flight from your home country to Quito
- Travel Health insurance
- Ecuador work visa sponsorship
- 30 days annual paid vacation
Kaya Responsible Travel provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or physical or mental disability. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, placement, promotion, salary determination, and all other conditions of employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document upon hire.