Join our social work in internship in Vietnam and work with local NGOs focusing on a range of issues, such as gender-based violence and helping those living in poverty. Help support these NGOs as they lead social movements to promote human rights. One organisation tackles access issues associated with poverty such as education, health, clean water and sanitation; while another concentrates on the rights of women and children who have been victims of abuse. Vietnam has seen lots of changes in recent years, as a result of its fast growing economy, some of which have led to a range of social problems. Join us in Vietnam and work with local NGOs efforts to support those in need.
Why choose this project?
You will gain hands-on experience to support your studies as well as learn about the challenges facing local staff. This opportunity would make your CV/Resume shine while opening you up to opportunities of pursuing your own global career. The local team benefits by exchanging ideas and experiences with international students and professionals who have worked and studied in the needed fields. The community benefits by having an intern who is developing materials and offering counselling support services.
Your internship will be shaped by the priorities at the NGO at the time of your placement and may include:
- assisting with public outreach
- developing training programs
- helping counsel clients
- developing resources
- preparing reports and proposals for fundraising activities
- updating and manage client databases
- helping develop and deliver public awareness programs.
Some research and administrative support work may also be part of your duties. You will be required to produce a final report or presentation to reflect on your learning and to share recommendations with the local project team. It is recommended that you bring a laptop with you to do this and other project activities.
If you are studying or have experience in social work, family studies or community development, this is an excellent placement for you. You must be diligent, highly motivated and able to manage your time. You will be working with a team and vulnerable people, so good communication and team working competencies are important. Multitasking and the ability to work under pressure are also essential. You will be asked to send your CV/resume to identify your skills, experience and interests before being accepted onto this internship.
WHY JOIN THE PROJECT
To understand the impact of economic growth on social development
To support those that are making social change for those in need
To share your skills and knowledge with others
Your location for this internship is Ho Chi Minh City, which you will have the opportunity to explore in the evenings and at weekends. Allow yourself to be tempted by the many restaurants and food stalls where you can try food you may have never seen before at home! Visit the city’s many museums, art galleries, temples and shopping malls! Go further afield to explore the underground world of the infamous Chu Chi Tunnels.
Why not get away from the hustle and bustle by heading to the beach- perhaps Nha Trang or Danang! Allow time after your internship to travel to neighbouring Cambodia and gain even more perspective about this region of the world.
Details & Costs
- Duration: 8 – 24 weeks
Minimum of 8 weeks recommended to have better chances to find a placement and get the most out of the experience
- Cost: £2624 / $4199 for 8 weeks
£250 / $400 for each extra 2 weeks
(A deposit of £550 / $880 is required to secure your space)
- Requirements: age 18+
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi or some regional placements in Vietnam depending on specialty
- Project activities: depends on the nature of the internship
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week
- Project Availability: all year round apart, from mid-January to mid-February due to Lunar New Year Celebrations
- Arrival day: First and Third Thursdays of the month
What is included
- Accommodation: shared room in a studio apartment with 3 other students/young professional. Option to have an individual studio apartment or homestay for an extra fee. You will have access to wifi and air conditioning as well as a kitchen and fridge in the studio.
- Airport pick-up and drop off from Ho Chi Minh International Airport
- Meals: None included (unless you stay with a homestay family)
- Training: pre-departure pack, pre-departure & on-site orientation including cultural awareness & learning reflection document
- A local buddy
- Local phone with Vietnamese SIM
- Project certificate on completion of the final presentation
- 24-hour support
- City tour:
- cultural excursion (for Hanoi placement, you will get a 1-day tour of Ha Long Bay, for Ho Chi Ming City, you will get a 1-day tour of Mekong Delta)
- departure meal
- Visa processing fee and guidance
- Supervision from qualified professional
What is not included
- Transfers to and from your placement
- Electricity bills for individual studio apartments
- Police/Government Background Check: US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies); all other nationalities must provide local police check.
Easy 3-step application process
SPEAK TO A PLACEMENT ADVISOR
Contact us through the website, via email or phone. Our experienced staff are ready to help.
Apply online and pay your project security deposit. Our advisers will then contact you to guide you through the final steps.
REVIEW PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
Once you have applied we will send you more information and details about your project
HAVE A QUESTION?
We pride ourseleves on providing you high quality project information throughout your application process and whilst on the ground. Connect with us if you have any questions.
Public Health Internship Ghana is based in a local community around Cape Coast and focuses on prevention.
Join our occupational therapy in South Africa placement and get involved in a local community while learning about a different other than your own.
Ghana Physiotherapist internship is based in a local community supporting treatment centres and dedicated athletes as well as local professional and students.
Experience health promotion and community development through this internship by assisting local staff with the daily challenges facing residents
Gain meaningful work experience in an area relevant to your potential career choice and participate in the Travel and Tourism Internship in Asia.
Combine study abroad and volunteering for a semester in Vietnam
Join this NGO Business Internship in Vietnam and develop your business knowledge by working with local community projects.
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Medical and Healthcare Internship in Vietnam
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Occupational Therapy Internship in Vietnam at a recovery centre