What is the Social Work Internship in Vietnam all about?
Join our social work in internship in Vietnam and work with local NGOs focusing on a range of issues, such as gender-based violence and helping those living in poverty. Help support these NGOs as they lead social movements to promote human rights. One organisation tackles access issues associated with poverty such as education, health, clean water and sanitation; while another concentrates on the rights of women and children who have been victims of abuse. Vietnam has seen lots of changes in recent years, as a result of its fast growing economy, some of which have led to a range of social problems. Join us in Vietnam and work with local NGOs efforts to support those in need.
Why choose this Social Work Internship programme in Vietnam?
You will gain hands-on experience to support your studies as well as learn about the challenges facing local staff. This opportunity would make your CV/Resume shine while opening you up to opportunities of pursuing your own global career. The local team benefits by exchanging ideas and experiences with international students and professionals who have worked and studied in the needed fields. The community benefits by having an intern who is developing materials and offering counselling support services.
Role of the Social Worker Intern
Your internship will be shaped by the priorities at the NGO at the time of your placement and may include:
- assisting with public outreach
- developing training programs
- helping counsel clients
- developing resources
- preparing reports and proposals for fundraising activities
- updating and manage client databases
- helping develop and deliver public awareness programs.
Some research and administrative support work may also be part of your duties. You will be required to produce a final report or presentation to reflect on your learning and to share recommendations with the local project team. It is recommended that you bring a laptop with you to do this and other project activities.
What skills do I need to intern on this Social Work programme?
If you are studying or have experience in social work, family studies or community development, this is an excellent placement for you. You must be diligent, highly motivated and able to manage your time. You will be working with a team and vulnerable people, so good communication and team working competencies are important. Multitasking and the ability to work under pressure are also essential. You will be asked to send your CV/resume to identify your skills, experience and interests before being accepted onto this internship.
WHY JOIN THE PROJECT
To understand the impact of economic growth on social development
To support those that are making social change for those in need
To share your skills and knowledge with others
Where will I work in Vietnam?
Your location for this internship is Ho Chi Minh City, which you will have the opportunity to explore in the evenings and at weekends. Allow yourself to be tempted by the many restaurants and food stalls where you can try food you may have never seen before at home! Visit the city’s many museums, art galleries, temples and shopping malls! Go further afield to explore the underground world of the infamous Chu Chi Tunnels.
Why not get away from the hustle and bustle by heading to the beach- perhaps Nha Trang or Danang! Allow time after your internship to travel to neighbouring Cambodia and gain even more perspective about this region of the world.
Details & Costs
- Duration: 8 to 24 weeks. Minimum of 8 weeks recommended to have better chances to find a placement and get the most out of the experience
- Cost: £3601 / $5621 for 8 weeks See drop-down menu for additional pricing
*This pricing is applicable for bookings for travel up to 1st September 2023.
- Requirements: Age 18+
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week
- Project availability: All year round. Intern activities differ during Lunar New Year
- Arrival day: First and Third Thursdays of the month
What is included
- Accommodation: individual studio or individual room in a shared apartment with 3 other students/young professional.
- Airport pick-up and drop off from Ho Chi Minh International Airport
- Training: pre-departure pack, pre-departure & on-site orientation including cultural awareness & learning reflection document
- A local buddy
- Local phone with Vietnamese SIM
- Project certificate on completion of the final presentation
- 24-hour support
- City tour:
- cultural excursion
- departure meal
- Visa processing fee and guidance
- Supervision from qualified professional
What is not included
- Transfers to and from your placement
- Police/Government Background Check: US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies); all other nationalities must provide local police check.
- Any costs for COVID-19 PCR tests required pre-departure and in-country
Easy 4-step application process
Click here to apply online and pay your application fee to apply for your space on your chosen project. Our advisors will then contact you to guide you through the next steps.
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll review your details and be in touch to arrange your informal telephone interview with your Kaya Placement Advisor.
Following your interview, we will provide you a placement offer. Once you are ready to confirm your placement and dates, you can pay your confirmation fee to book and secure your space.
When you have confirmed your project dates we'll send you your Welcome Pack and lots of other helpful information to assist you with preparing for your placement.
Learn about the Moroccan healthcare system while shadowing laboratory staff at a private clinic
Come to Cape Coast and work in a laboratory in a local hospital supporting a local Ghanaian community.
Take part in a Psychology and Social Work Internship in Ecuador and develop your skills and gain experience abroad
Join the nursing and medical internship in South Africa, shadow professionals locally to develop your own skills and learn about healthcare.
Join this NGO Business Internship in Vietnam and develop your business knowledge by working with local community projects.
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Medical and Healthcare Internship in Vietnam
Develop your practical and theoretical skills as a professional on this Occupational Therapy Internship in Vietnam at a recovery centre
Develop your knowledge of the theory and practical elements in tackling global warming on this Climate Change Internship in Vietnam
Join this Agriculture Internship in Vietnam and learn about local approaches to improving crop yields, land use, agri policy and more