Remote Internships in Vietnam
Vietnam is located in Southeast Asia and has developed remarkably over the past 30 years. Economic and political reforms have spurred rapid economic growth, transforming what was one of the world’s poorest nations into a lower-middle-income country. However, like many other countries in the region, life for Vietnamese’s disadvantaged population still can be difficult.
Vietnam has focussed greatly on green energy growth and has promoted reforms to protect itself against its high vulnerability to climate change. There is also a great focus on improving education for the most disadvantaged of the population and eradicating poverty.
Our remote internship projects in Vietnam work with local social enterprises and NGOs that help the development of the country, its communities and its climate change agenda.
To read feedback from Kaya participants, click here.
Project examples for Vietnam
Work on your project management skills to carry out activities within a Sustainable Energy Program.
Contribute to a grassroots literacy and teacher training program while supporting the needs of rural elementary schools.
Acquire graphic design skills to a local NGO that works to empower locals, through sustainable solutions and capacity building activities.
Fields available for Remote Internships in Vietnam include:
- Communications – Digital and printed
- Database Support
- Digital Media
- Energy Efficiency and Green Energy
- Humanitarian work
- Marketing and campaigns
- NGO Support
- Renewable Energy
- Social Media
- Social Science and Humanities
With many other custom placements available. Contact a Kaya placement advisor now to find out what projects in Vietnam can use your skills and interests.
Spring 2023 Session Date
Start date: February 2, 2024
End date: May 3, 2024
Application deadline: January 12, 2024
*Tet holiday (Lunar New Year) is 8-14 February 2024. During this time, interns can participate in local celebrations, explore their new surroundings, and spend time learning about their host organisation.
Summer 2023 Session Date
Start date: May 17, 2024
End date: July 12, 2024
Application deadline: May 3, 2024
Fall 2023 Session Date
Start date: September 6, 2024
End date: December 6, 2024
Application deadline: August 23, 2024
Program fees: US $1335 (UK £1135)
What does a Kaya Remote Internship in Vietnam include?
- Advising support from Kaya every step of the way from the application process throughout your program
- Individual internship placement matched based on your interests and career goals (internships range from 15-30 hours per week and 5-12h per week in Fall to accommodate schedules)
- Orientation to your host organization and placement
- Cultural Orientation with your Country Site Director
- Placement Guide outlining details of your host organization and goals of your placement
- Donations to support the work of your project
- Weekly “face to face” check-in and feedback session with your Project Supervisor
- Weekly “face to face” check-in and reflection session with your Country Site Director
- Weekly Cultural workshops with Country Director to attend live or watch the recording when it is convenient for you (1-2 hours/workshop)
- Local buddy for weekly cultural exchange with prompts to facilitate discussion
- Discussion forum to connect you with other interns
- A toolkit to understand your work style and learn to bridge cultural differences through interactive culture guides
- Certificate of completion
- Support pursuing home university credit, where available.
- Invitation to Kaya LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Reentry toolkit to guide your future career steps!
- Future program discount of US$200/ GB£150 to visit your host country in the future
Optional Add-ons (not included)
- Academic coursework with credit through our university partner.
Vietnam Country Director
Your support staff on your Vietnam remote internship
Mo graduated from Hanoi University of Science and Technology, but she loves education and social work. She is lucky enough to have had the chance to travel to different countries within Asia, and has also travelled to the US, Europe and Australia. For the past 13 years, she has worked mostly in the human development, training and education field with the experience of working at multinational companies, NGOs and universities. She loves working with people, helping the youth develop their skills and get ready for the labor force, which makes her devoted to what she is doing now.
Application Process and Payment Schedule
Speak to a Kaya placement advisor for more information on available placements in your subject area, and the type of work you are interested in. Click here to email us.
Complete an Application
and submit your resume/CV with a $45/ £40 deposit, for us to match you with best project options. Deposits are deducted from the total tuition fee and will be refunded if we can’t find you a placement.
Confirm your chosen project with a Kaya advisor, then pay your balance to accept and book your placement.
What are the requirements to do a Kaya Remote Internship?
Our program is open to all.
Instruction is in English, so there are NO foreign language requirements.
All you will need is access to a laptop, internet connection for video calls and an interest in cultural learning.